Boozy Cherry Jubilee Vegan Ice Cream.....Dream?
In celebration of National Dessert Day, October 14th, I wanted to share one of my FAVORITE recipes for one of my favorite things. ICE CREAM!!!! Ok, So technically its not ice cream because it's vegan and made with coconut milk, but. it. is. delicious. It's also pretty easy to make and doesn't require an ice cream maker. Oh. It also has liquor in it so there's that as well!!!
Check the ingredients:
1-13.5 fl oz can of REGULAR coconut milk
1 cup frozen black cherries (with a few extra for garnish put to the side)
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp triple sec or Grand Marnier
1 tsp Kahlua
2 tsp amaretto
1. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix, blending well.
2. Pour mixture into ice cube tray and freeze until solid. (a few hours) This recipe is approximately 1 ice cube tray, depending on the size and type of tray you have.
3. Once the mixture is frozen, pop the cubes into the food processor and blend the mixture until it is the consistency of slightly melted soft-serve ice cream. This process is essentially churning the ice cream to give it that rich, creamy texture that we want....no NEED from our ice cream.
4. Place the mixture in a freezer safe container and put the container back in the freezer to refreeze a few hours.
5. When ready to serve, take out the frozen ice cream and let it sit out a little to soften. To garnish, squeeze a couple of the thawed cherries that were set aside earlier over the ice cream to create a simple grenadine drizzle. Top with a cherry or 2.....or 3. The more, the cherrier!
6. Oh, you want the recipe for the brownies.........stay tuned, it's coming soon!
Tasty Tip: It can be fun to play with different liquors and fruits with this recipe as a base. Chambord and raspberries work well together, simple vanilla is a classic, and you can never go wrong with chocolate....anything really. It's really all about you and your preferences.